Summertime picnics call for the best sides, and this tomato pasta salad is a winner. You won’t believe how light and bright it is.
For the Dressing:
- 6 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
For the Salad:
- In a large bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, garlic, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook penne pasta according to the instructions on the box. Drain in a colander, and add to the large bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine.
- When the pasta stops steaming, cool completely in the refrigerator, approximately 30 minutes.
- Remove from the refrigerator and add the mozzarella, tomatoes, basil, and parmesan cheese. Stir to make sure everything is incorporated well.
- Serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
You can make this recipe up to a day in advance. Simply complete steps 1 and 2, then chill. When you’re ready to serve, stir in the tomatoes, mozzarella, basil, and parmesan.
- Category: Pasta Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Side Dish
Keywords: tomato, pasta, basil, mozzarella, summer