An easy summer side dish made with a favorite summer vegetable. Sliced raw and tossed with toasted pine nuts, feta cheese, and arugula, this is a simple and refreshing way to start off a meal. For a vegan version, the crumbled feta is optional.
- Wash all of the produce well, and dry the arugula in a salad spinner.
- Cut the zucchini and squash into strips using a mandoline slicer, julienne peeler or vegetable spiralizer.
- Place the pine nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat, tossing occasionally, until they are fragrant and just starting to turn golden-brown. Don’t take your eye off of them for too long – you don’t want them to burn! Quickly remove to a plate as soon as they are done.
- Stir the olive oil, lemon juice, and ground coriander together to make the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Toss dressing with the julienned squash and arugula in a large bowl, sprinkle with crumbled feta and pine nuts, and serve.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Vegetables
Keywords: zucchini, squash, pine nut, feta, salad