The classic grilled cheese sandwich you know and love gets an update with gooey mozzarella, basil, and homemade tomato jam.
- Butter one side of each of the pieces of sourdough bread.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. If your pan is large enough, you can make two sandwiches at a time. Otherwise, proceed with steps 3-4 for one sandwich, and then repeat the process.
- Once the pan is hot, place two slices of bread in the pan, buttered side down. Top each slice of bread with half of the mozzarella, half of the chopped basil, and half of the tomato jam. Place another slice of bread on top of each, buttered side up.
- Cook until the bottom of each is browned, approximately 2-3 minutes. Flip carefully with a spatula, cooking again until the bottom is browned and the cheese is melted.
- Remove from the pan, and slice in half with a serrated knife if desired. Serve immediately.
- Category: Grilled Cheese
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Sandwiches
Keywords: grilled cheese, tomato jam, summer, comfort food, basil