This easy vegan lasagna recipe requires no time in the oven, is made in just 35 minutes, and is super delicious! Not to mention healthy. Mushrooms, spinach, and toasted pine nuts make this the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1/2 package lasagna noodles (not boil-less)
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 can white beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 26 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil. Break the lasagna noodles into roughly 2″ pieces, then drop them in the boiling water. Cook according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, then rinse with cold water.
- Place a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil, then the mushrooms. Sautee for about 5 minutes, until they start to release their juices. Add the sherry and cook until mostly absorbed.
- Mix in the white beans, garlic, and jalapeno and let cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, chopped tomatoes, spinach, and the cooked lasagna noodles and stir it all together. Cook until warmed through, stirring often.
- While the lasagna warms, place the pine nuts in a small, dry pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring almost constantly, until fragrant and starting to brown. Remove from the pan immediately.
- When the lasagna is hot, mix in the olives and pine nuts and top with a bunch of freshly ground black pepper. Add parmesan if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan, lasagna, easy, quick, pasta, Italian, skillet