Guys! I am so excited to give you this easy lasagna recipe today because I almost lost it. Almost. I made it on the same day that I made the super tasty and easy breadstick twists and served them together and it was ahh-mazing.
Well, I wrote those two recipes down on a piece of paper that was just hanging around on the kitchen table for a while, and when I finally got around to making a post about them, the paper was nowhere to be found! I turned my backpack inside out, looked through all the tiny scraps of paper I leave lying around the kitchen (which must drive AJ crazy) and could not find it. So I went to bed all sad that I did not have a post for this morning and left it at that.
But then! As I was cleaning up after my breakfast this morning, I saw a little corner of a piece of paper sticking out from underneath a placemat we keep in the center of the table, and there it was! So now I am frantically writing this up so I can get a recipe out to you guys on time, because I know you totally depend on receiving these on the correct days or else you just simply wouldn’t eat. 😉
So now that I found my recipe and told you my story, let’s talk about this here lasagna recipe. It’s so easy! You just boil some noodles (no no-boil noodles, please), cook up some mushrooms with a splash of sherry, add in some marinara sauce, spinach, olives (try them roasted!), and toasted pine nuts, and you’re done-zo.
I think some of you may feel cheated because there is no creamy cheese layer and no layering at all, but others of you will be praising the heavens because this is so delicious, easy, and healthy compared to regular lasagna.
And the pine nuts somehow make up for the lack of cheese – maybe it’s their natural creaminess and saltiness? I’m not sure. But, either way this won’t break the bank nor your diet, so long as you don’t eat the whole thing yourself. But if you do, I won’t tell!Print
Easy Vegan Skillet Lasagna
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
This easy vegan lasagna recipe requires no time in the oven, is made in just 35 minutes, and is super delicious! Not to mention healthy. Mushrooms, spinach, and toasted pine nuts make this the perfect weeknight meal.
- 1/2 package lasagna noodles (not boil-less)
- 10 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup cooking sherry
- 1 can white beans, rinsed & drained
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, chopped
- 26 oz jar marinara sauce
- 3 medium roma tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups lightly packed spinach
- 2 Tbsp pine nuts
- 1 small can sliced black olives, drained
- black pepper
- parmesan cheese (optional)
- Bring a medium-sized pot of water to boil. Break the lasagna noodles into roughly 2″ pieces, then drop them in the boiling water. Cook according to package directions, until al dente. Drain, then rinse with cold water.
- Place a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add 2 tsp olive oil, then the mushrooms. Sautee for about 5 minutes, until they start to release their juices. Add the sherry and cook until mostly absorbed.
- Mix in the white beans, garlic, and jalapeno and let cook until fragrant, about 45 seconds.
- Add the jar of marinara sauce, chopped tomatoes, spinach, and the cooked lasagna noodles and stir it all together. Cook until warmed through, stirring often.
- While the lasagna warms, place the pine nuts in a small, dry pan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring almost constantly, until fragrant and starting to brown. Remove from the pan immediately.
- When the lasagna is hot, mix in the olives and pine nuts and top with a bunch of freshly ground black pepper. Add parmesan if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 25 mins
- Category: Vegan
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Italian
Keywords: vegan, lasagna, easy, quick, pasta, Italian, skillet
If you love this recipe, please give it a rating in the comments below and let us know if you have any questions or suggestions for alternate ingredients!
And if this lasagna is hits the spot, you’ll really love these recipes:
- Ricotta, Pecorino, and Mozzarella Lasagna with Mushrooms & Broccoli (vegetarian)
- Vegan-Friendly Mexican Lasagna
- Individual Lasagne
- Fresh and Fruity Spinach Lasagna (vegetarian)
- Lasagna for One
- The Best Vegetarian Lasagna (With Kale and Mushrooms)
- Pepperoni Pizza Lasagna
Photos by Raquel Smith, © Ask the Experts, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. See our TOS for more details. Originally published on February 10th, 2015. Last updated: June 7, 2021 at 19:39 pm.
Nutritional information derived from a database of known generic and branded foods and ingredients and was not compiled by a registered dietitian or submitted for lab testing. It should be viewed as an approximation.
About Raquel Smith
Raquel is a whole foods enthusiast, an avid mountain biker, and a dog lover. She works by day at Food Blogger Pro and formerly maintained her food blog "My California Roots" (now merged into Foodal).