Give your Halloween party guests a thrill with this Gespenstischbowle spooky punch recipe. Add creepy hand-sicles and get your boo-ze on.
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 6 oz cherry liqueur, divided
- 3 apples, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh cranberries (or frozen and defrosted, or 1/8 cup dried)
- 1 cup spiced rum
- 4 cups white grape juice, chilled
- 1 cup pomegranate juice, chilled
- 1 cup apple juice, chilled
- 1 cup black currant juice (or black cherry juice), chilled
- 1/2 cup vodka, chilled
- 1 cup peach schnapps, chilled
- 2 cups champagne or sparkling white wine, chilled
Extra Items Needed:
- 4–6 latex-free, non-lined, heavy duty, powder-free rubber gloves (washed inside and out)
- The day before the event, wash the gloves.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange juice, pineapple juice, and enough cherry liqueur to achieve a peach-colored flesh tone. Reserve remaining liqueur.
- Fill the gloves with the mixture, tie off at the wrist, and freeze overnight to make hand-sicles.
- In a glass bowl or large Mason jar, combine the apple slices and cranberries with the rum, cover, and place in the refrigerator to soak for 6-8 hours or overnight.
- The day of the event, combine the rest of the juices with the vodka, schnapps, and champagne in a large punch bowl. Drain the spiced rum off of the fruit, and save it for another use. Or, if you choose, add it to the punch now, along with the fruit. Place hand-sicles into the punch bowl. Drizzle with the remaining cherry liqueur, and serve.
- Category: Halloween
- Method: No-Cook
- Cuisine: Cocktails
Keywords: Halloween, punch, cocktail, German