Get into the German spirit with the best slow cooker Oktoberfest stew. With rich flavors, this hearty meal is a delicious way to celebrate.
- 4 large russet potatoes, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 ounces bratwurst, cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 11.2-ounce bottles German-style Lager (or any Oktoberfest-style beer)
- 1/2 head small green cabbage, halved again, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients into your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Remove bay leaf and serve.
- Category: Oktoberfest
- Method: Slow Cooker
- Cuisine: German
Keywords: stew, Oktoberfest, German, bratwurst, lager