This vegetarian pesto pizza has mushrooms, goat cheese, and kale. With store-bought dough, it’s an easy and delicious meal to make at home.
- 1 pound prepared pizza dough
- All-purpose flour, for dusting
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 bunch kale
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/3 cup pesto
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- If the dough is cold, let it sit out at room temperature for 1 hour before shaping.
- Preheat oven to 500°F. If using, place a pizza or baking stone in the oven until hot.
- Dust a flat work surface with flour. Place the dough on top, and dust it with more flour. Shape it into a circle using your hands or a rolling pin.
- Remove the thick stems from the kale, then roughly chop the leaves. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms. Cook, tossing often, until the released juices are mostly evaporated, about 7 minutes. Add the kale and cook for 1 minute, just until softened. Mix in the salt. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the shaped dough on a piece of parchment paper. Use a pastry brush to spread the remaining tablespoon of olive oil over the entire surface.
- Spread the pesto on the dough. Scatter the mushrooms and kale over the pesto. Top with the crumbled goat cheese.
- Transfer with the parchment paper onto the hot pizza stone. Alternately, place with the parchment paper on a baking sheet pan. Cook for about 8-10 minutes, until the crust is lightly browned and the cheese has melted.
- Remove to a cooling rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board and cut into slices.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Pizza
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Vegetarian
Keywords: pizza, baking, vegetarian, goat cheese, kale, mushrooms