Homemade pizza pockets have never been more mouthwateringly tasty, and you can customize these in any way you want.
- 2 lbs pizza dough, store bought or homemade
- 1 cup of your favorite spaghetti sauce or homemade marinara sauce
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 tsp olive oil
- Your favorite pizza toppings (suggested measurements below):
- 1 cup crumbled or finely chopped cooked meat
- 1 cup finely chopped vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Roll out one pound of pizza dough into a rectangle on a lightly floured surface, approximately 12 by 16 inches. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Let rest 3 minutes, then stretch the dough out again. It should be between 1/4 and 1/2 inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut each rectangle of dough into 8 2-by-4-inch rectangles.
- Add 1 tablespoon sauce, 2 tablespoons cheese, and 2 tablespoons total desired toppings to each rectangle.
- Fold the dough over the filling to form a rectangular pocket, and press the edges together. Use the prongs of a fork to seal.
- Brush each crust with olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet, with about 1/2 inch between each. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until crust is golden brown. Let cool 5 minutes on the pan before serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Savory Pastry
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Snacks
Keywords: pizza, cheese, snacks, game day