Roasted tomato crostini is one of the best easy appetizers for entertaining or date night. The tomato, basil, and balsamic combination is simply a classic.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F.
- Slice the bread into pieces 1/2 inch thick, and toast them on a baking sheet for a few minutes, until lightly browned and crisp. Remove to a serving platter.
- Place the tomatoes on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil, parchment paper, or a silicone liner. Drizzle with 2 tsp olive oil and sprinkle with salt, pepper and minced garlic. Toss to coat. Rearrange the tomatoes cut-side up before placing the tray in the oven. Roast for 30 minutes.
- While the tomatoes are roasting, place the balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and reduce the liquid until thick.
- Top toast rounds with roasted tomatoes, and sprinkle with fresh basil. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, reserved tomato juices from the pan, and the remaining olive oil. Serve immediately.
- Category: Crostini
- Method: Stovetop, Baking
- Cuisine: Appetizers
Keywords: tomato, crostini, summer, basil