Take a trip to Louisiana with juicy Cajun chicken tacos. With a homemade spice mixture and fresh vegetables, they explode with flavor.
- 1 ½ Tbsp paprika
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ½ tsp onion powder
- 1 ½ tsp dried basil
- 1 ½ tsp dried oregano
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into thin strips
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil (I used grapeseed, but you can also use olive, canola, or vegetable)
- 10 small corn tortillas
- Place the paprika, cayenne, garlic, onion, basil, oregano, thyme, and salt in a small bowl and stir together.
- Place the chicken strips in a large bowl. Add the Cajun spice mixture and rub it into the chicken pieces on all sides, until coated well.
- Heat a large cast iron skillet coated with oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, place the chicken pieces in the pan and cook until no longer pink, about 4-5 minutes per side. You may need to do this in two batches, depending on the size of your pan.
- While the chicken is cooking, heat up the tortillas in the microwave for about 30 seconds until they are warm and pliable.
- Place one chicken strip inside each tortilla. Top with diced peppers, red onion, and tomatoes. Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley. Serve immediately, with lime wedges for garnish.
The optional garnishes are included in calculation of nutritional information below.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Tacos
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Tex-Mex, Cajun
Keywords: tacos, Cajun, dinner, chicken, blackened