Another American manufacturer of electronic household appliances, Hamilton Beach is perhaps best known for their iconic soda fountain dispensers. But they also makes many pieces of kitchenware, including a fine line of stand mixers.
The sleek, minimalist design of the Hamilton Beach Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer is a handsome addition to any contemporary kitchen. And while style is always appealing, high performance in a stand mixer is where it’s at.
Hamilton Beach 63232 Eclectrics All-Metal Stand Mixer – Red available on Amazon
The Eclectrics tilt-head stand mixer blends brawny, all-metal durability with a history of mixing expertise into an efficient and effective machine. It’s designed for hands-free mixing for a wide variety of ingredients and mixtures – from light, frothy egg whites right through to sticky doughs.
Constructed of die-cast metal, the Eclectrics is a robust unit with a handsome, contemporary profile and offers great versatility, as well as precision control for everyday mixing and baking.
Each unit in this line is hand finished, then sealed with a protective coating to prevent smudging and fingerprint marks, ensuring its beauty is as long-lasting as its muscle.
Hamilton Beach Eclectrics 63227 All-Metal Stand Mixer, Licorice available on Amazon
The orbiting attachment head provides planetary mixing action for complete bowl coverage. As the head spins, the beaters rotate completely around the inside of the bowl, giving much better mixing than the traditional 2-beater styles.
Another tilt-head model, the motor head lifts up and away for easy bowl access and locks into place in both the up and down positions. Non-slip feet keeps the mixer still and secure on the countertop while in use, and the convenient splatter shield protects against messy spills and drips.
The Nuts and Bolts
With this powerful mixer in your kitchen, you’ll have everything you need for holiday or seasonal baking and beyond. The Eclectrics stand mixer has the strength, and user-friendly design, to ensure all ingredients get thoroughly blended for batter, dough, whipped goods and more.
Hamilton Beach 63220 Eclectrics All-Metal 12-Speed Stand Mixer, Sterling available at Amazon
Constructed of die-cast metal, this machine is designed for durability and performance. The stainless steel bowl locks securely onto the base while rubber feet grip the counter to prevent ‘walking’ when mixing thick dough.
The two piece pouring shield makes it easy to add ingredients without having to lift the head, and prevents mess as it guards against splatters, drips and spills. It’s particularly effective when mixing thin batters that have a tendency to splash.
And the orbiting mixer head gives complete coverage inside the bowl for thoroughly mixed batches of batters and dough. Made in China.
The 4.5 quart stainless steel bowl has a large handle to make lifting and moving a heavy mix easy, and is also helpful to securely lock the bowl into place on the base.
Included attachments are a nonstick, nylon coated flat beater, a nylon coated dough hook, a wire whisk, and the 2 piece pouring shield – all of which are dishwasher safe for fast and easy cleanup, as is the bowl.
Hamilton Beach Eclectrics 63221 All-Metal Stand Mixer, Sugar available at Amazon
12 speed settings give you versatility and optimal performance for all your baking needs, and are powered with a hearty 400 watt motor.
The unique mixing head orbits around the bowl as the beater rotates in an opposite direction, giving complete bowl coverage to blend ingredients.
And eliminates the need to stop and scrape down from the side of the bowl.
The Eclectrics line comes in 4 designer colors, making it a natural in any kitchen scheme.
It measures approximately 9 x 14 x 14”, weighs a substantial 28 pounds and is powered by 400 watts.
Unusual for home stand mixers, it comes with a 3 year warranty from Hamilton Beach – most are only 1 year. Also included is a basic User’s
Manual with a section of tips for each attachment, and a few recipes.
What Others are Saying
Compiled from the comments of verified purchasers at Amazon, the following notes outline the most common compliments and complaints about the Eclectrics.
- Those customers who are satisfied with the HB Eclectrics find that it’s a dependable machine with enough power and durability for the duties it’s given to perform – it’s strong, sturdy, powerful and well-made. Those duties are mostly of ‘average’ household use: cakes or cookies once a week, baking for the holiday season, and the occasional session of kneading single batches of bread or pizza dough. Some use it 2 or 3 times per week, but mostly for light duties.
- It doesn’t have the capability for a lot of attachments. But the basic functions are more than adequate for the same ‘average’ household users – mixing batches of cookie dough, whipping light ingredients and the occasional denser mixes of bread dough kneading.
- It also seems to be one of the quietest stand mixer available. There are those that report blood-curdling noises when a motor goes into distress – but, for day to day use, noise is not an issue.
- On the complaints side of the scale, many who have used it for mixing dense batches of cookie mix or sticky bread dough have found the machine labors under a heavy workload. Head wobbling, bobbing, shaking, and counter walking are frequently reported when trying to mix mid to large volume batches, so it’s not really a ‘hands-free’ operation.
- And unfortunately, the all-metal construction doesn’t include the gears, with several reports of the nylon/plastic gears and transmission stripping when dealing with thick doughs.
- Another tender point is the 12 speeds. There are actually 6 distinct settings to choose from, and a few owners feel a bit short-changed. However, the response from HB is that each of the 6 speeds is designed to maintain specific RPM’s under different load conditions.
- So when extra ingredients are added, the unit will actually adjust itself to maintain that speed – you can hear the speed variation kick in, and this gives two speeds in one setting, for a total of 12.
All in all, the Hamilton Beach Eclectrics Stand Mixer offers decent performance for its price in the marketplace. It doesn’t have the power to run a home-based baking business, but for light to moderate use it definitely has a niche, with many happy owners.
- Available Accessories
- Build Quality
Well-designed and easy to use, it nonetheless proves to be too light for consistent bread making, despite its weight and ample wattage.
Considerably less expensive than its competitors of equal size and power, it gives more than adequate value in time-saving, reliable performance.
Want more options?
Check out Foodal’s Stand Mixer Buying Guide for more details on what to look for when making a purchasing decision or check out more stand mixer reviews now.
About Lorna Kring
Recently retired as a costume specialist in the TV and film industry, Lorna now enjoys blogging on contemporary lifestyle themes. A bit daft about the garden, she’s particularly obsessed with organic tomatoes and herbs, and delights in breaking bread with family and friends.