- 1 large onion (diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 medium zucchini (cut into bite sized cubes)
- 1 can kidney beans (14 fluid ounces)
- 1 can black beans (14 fluid ounces)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (14 fluid ounces)
- 1 can honey lager beer
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 cup plain (unsweetened Greek yogurt)
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 cup shredded (sharp cheddar cheese)
- Drain and rinse the kidney and black beans and set aside.
- Heat a heavy cooking pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, add the coconut oil and sauté the onions until transparent.
- Add the garlic and zucchini, sautéing for another minute.
- Add the beans, tomatoes, beer, chipotle peppers, chili powder and salt, mixing well.
- Turn down heat, continue cooking at a low simmer for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine yogurt and lime juice.
- Serve the chili in bowls, topping with the shredded cheese and a generous dollop of yogurt.
I’ve included canned beans in this recipe for convenience, but don’t be afraid to prepare your own.