Lace cookies are a beautiful dessert that use basic ingredients you already have in your pantry.
- 1 1/3 cups unsalted butter
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate morsels, melted (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan over low heat. Set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, and salt.
- Add the melted butter, eggs, and vanilla to the dry ingredients. Mix until blended thoroughly.
- On four clean sheet pans covered in parchment paper or silicone mats, drop rounded tablespoons of batter about 2 inches away from each other. You should have 8-10 mounds on each pan.
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes, or until the cookies have spread flat and are a deep golden-brown color. Remove from the oven and cool completely on the pan.
- Using an offset spatula, gently remove each cookie and place on a serving tray.
- Repeat steps 5-7 for the remaining batter.
- If using, decorate the cookies with melted chocolate, making sandwiches or drizzling the chocolate on top. Let cool and harden completely before serving.
- Category: Cookies
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Baked Goods
Keywords: lace cookies, dessert, chocolate, oats