- 2 cups pancake mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup miniature chocolate chips
- Blend cinnamon and pancake in large mixing bowl until it is very well mixed. Add milk, vanilla, eggs, and oil and stir until all ingredients are thoroughly incorporated.
- Preheat a griddle and add a touch of your preferred oil (note: lard is so good here but is not the healthiest choice).
- Once heated, pour 1/4 cup of batter per pancake onto the skillet. Allow to cakes to cook 1 to 2 minutes per side or until they are golden brown.
- Be sure to flip the pancakes when they begin to bubble.
- Serve with Spiced Syrup (recipe follows), if desired.
Spiced Syrup: Blend 1 teaspoon of nature vanilla extract, 1 cup pancake syrup (I prefer the lighter varieties), and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or Pumpkin Pie Spice in microwave safe container. Microwave on high power 1 to 2 minutes or until it is hot – be sure to stir a couple of times.