For the Roasted Squash:
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 pound yellow squash zucchini, sliced into rounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
For the Corn:
- 2 cobs (3/4 to 1 pound) unshucked organic corn
For the Potatoes:
- 1 pound potatoes, grated
- 2 to 3 teaspoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, generously sprinkled
For the Tomato Cucumber Corn Salad:
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes or bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped cucumbers
- Corn kernels (from above)
- Handful of fresh basil, torn into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the Cumin Dill Yogurt Sauce:
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 to 3 teaspoons chopped dill (or, in a pinch, basil works)
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375F and place coconut oil in one or two baking dishes big enough to hold zucchini. Add zucchini, salt and pepper; toss together to distribute everything evenly, getting zucchini in an even layer as much as possible. Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until wilty and golden.
- Fill a large pot with enough water to cover corn. Shuck the corn, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat and add corn, cooking it for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove cobs to a plate to cool.
- Next, grate a pound of potatoes into a big pile, and place it in a tea towel or cheese cloth. Squeeze over a sink to strain as much water as possible (it’ll be a lot).
- Grease 2 baking sheets with 1/2 to 1 teaspoon coconut oil. Scoop piles of the potato mixture on top, flattening each one. For mini fritters, make the mounds about a tablespoon in size. For larger, but still appetizer-sized fritters, make large mounds that are 2 to 3 tablespoons in size, still flattening them as much as possible. Place a small drop of coconut oil on the top of each one. Salt and pepper all over the top.
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes, until golden, and flip. Bake for another 10 to 15 minutes more. They’re ready when they’re golden and crispy.
- In a large bowl, mix together tomato corn salad ingredients, adjusting salt to taste.
- Last, mix together yogurt, cumin, dill and salt, again adjusting salt to taste.
- Assemble appetizers: Layer a potato fritter with roasted squash, then tomato corn salad and lastly cumin dill yogurt.
- Category: Side
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Dinner